The 10 Meter Walk and Return test is a maximal walk test over a total distance of 20 meters. It involves an individual walking straight 10 meters on a flat track, pivoting around a turning mark, and returning to the start without stumbling. Gait characteristics and walk times are assessed for the middle 6 meters, respectively.
- Place 2 floor markers at 10 meters distance
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Use usual walking aids if applicable (cane, walker, crutches, etc.)
- Usual medical regime shall be continued
- No vigorous exercise within 2 hours of beginning testing
- Light meal before testing is acceptable, but not obligatory
2x Floor Markers