The 2 Minute Walk Test is a sub-maximal gait test over a span of 2 minutes. It involves an individual walking forth and back in a figure 8 on a flat course marked by two floor markers at a distance of 15 meters. The goal is to cover as much distance as possible. The test provides a measure for global response of musculoskeletal systems of the lower limbs as well as information regarding functional capacity. Results entail the distance walked and functional gait parameters.
- Place 2 floor markers at 15 m distance
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Use usual walking aids if applicable (cane, crutches, etc.)
- Usual medical regime shall be continued
- No vigorous exercise within 2 h of beginning testing
- Light meal before testing is acceptable, but not obligatory
2x Floor Marker Disc