The Timed Up and Go test is a screening test for elderly persons and for a variety of neuro-degenerative populations. It involves getting up from a chair, walking forward 3 meters at normal speed, pivot around a turning mark, walking back and sitting down again on the chair.
The goal is to execute the movement task in as little time as possible without falling.
- Place the chair
- Place the floor mark as turning mark at 3 meters distance
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Use usual walking aids if applicable (cane, walker, crutches, etc.)
- Usual medical regime shall be continued
- No vigorous exercise within 2 hours of beginning testing
- Light meal before testing is acceptable, but not obligatory
- 1x chair
- 1x floor mark